Not the latte!

We went to get fuel at a gas station with a dunkin’s in it. I was waiting inside for the tank to fill as another customer ordered a drink at the dunkin’s. The employee was coughing up a storm, so I decided not to get anything. After a few minutes I see the other customer doing that anxious dance people do for example when at subway, they start putting mayo on your sandwich and you wanted mustard. You try to stop them, but it’s too late. Only the lady then said, “Don’t cough over my drink!” needless to say my curiosity was piqued. The coughing employee said, “Well, I’m sorry, but I’m sick!” prompting the greatest sound bite ever: “You’re coughing on my latte!” The employee continued to cough, said she was sick again, and the customer turned on her heel and stormed out. If it hadn’t been so disgusting, I would have laughed right then. When I signed for the gas, I used my own pen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A friend of mine told me that in France, when someone is annoying them, they have a phrase to express this irritation. Apparently they say "You're running on my bean!" But I really like "You're coughing on my latte!" It has a certain ring to it.

I'm not a short tempered kind of person, but I do become exasperated with people who cough or sneeze without covering their mouth and nose.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs