33 hour shift...and then some!

I worked my regular Thursday night shift last week and went home and slept for 4 hours when my roommate called me and asked me to come in and finish his shift. Sort of forgetting he was on a 24, I stupidly agreed, woke up, took a shower and headed back to work. 33 hours later I stumbled out of work and went back home. I wish I could say lots of interesting things happened, but I can only say that lots of things happened. It more or less started when I arrived and didn’t sit down for more than 2 hours until then end of my Saturday shift. I think we had the busiest Saturday transfer shift ever. The 911 side on Friday night was also pretty busy. I shouldn’t have even bothered bringing my sleeping bag, as I didn’t get to see the inside of it very often.

Friday day we did a twin NICU transfer. The babies were a good size and basically being transferred because the small hospital they were coming from couldn’t take on any more patients. So that took up about 3 hours. When we finished with that we hopped right on our 911 truck for the overnight shift. At 7am, I clocked out, and slept in relatively uninterrupted comfort until 10am when my next shift started. We checked that truck, sat for a few minutes, and then we were off doing transfers until 10 pm without stopping for more than an hour. Oh, it was great. I was so burnt by the end of it. I hope to never be at work so much ever again! But, I’m sure I’ll forget all about it when the check comes with all the OT I’ll have. Whew! I went straight home, showered and went to sleep, glorious sleep until my next shift at 10am the next morning. Hahaha. It sounds so ridiculous writing it all down. But, my roommate was genuinely sick and is feeling much better now.

Much more to write, but no time to do as such. Will have more updates soon!

Comments

Slack said…
Doesn't it just seem that the days blur into one long day after that many hours? It wipes me out to have to work like that, but you are right, payday sure is nice.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs