File under 'other'

On Wednesday I had two interesting overriding thoughts in my day. After our first two calls which were kind of fun. I said “I can’t believe we get paid for this.” It’s just amazing, I can poke people with needles, chat with interesting patients, cheer people up, occasional save a life, or at least try, and they pay me. But, by the end of the day, I said “They’re not paying us enough!” I’ll spare the details of the most disgusting call I’ve ever been on. I pretty much hope that I never have a more revolting, horrid call. That’s all really. It’ll be a hard call to trump.

I worked a whole 911 shift with Andy, it was totally weird, and totally cool. It’s hard to believe they’d let two UMBC graduates run an ALS truck. A scary day for the local citizens. We only had three calls which is fine by me for the night shift, one was an overdose. I almost said: “I’m sorry that you just want to sleep, but I’m afraid you’ll sleep, like, forever.”

Other than that, I actually hung out with my roommates, went to best buy for the lighting, got a fever that cowbell refused to fix, and bought cross country ski boots! I’m ready for snow now and ready to fill my would be kayaking hours with falling over in the snow.

Google search term of the week: “inject saline face freak” Yet another that makes anyone wonder what the searcher was looking for. Whatever it was, I’m pretty sure they didn’t find it here.

Comments

PFRussell said…
I've had a run like that... actually a few of them. If you're compelled to talk about it and need someone to listen call me.
Anonymous said…
Best job in the world and they pay us! Just dont let the management know we love it or they will start cutting our pay!
Have a look at my Top Ten on my blog at http://kingmagic.wordpress.com/

All the very best...kingmagic of purpleplus.
--maddog said…
" I’ll spare the details of the most disgusting call I’ve ever been on."

DON'T spare us the details! I wanna hear!!! Hee heee!

--maddog

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs