Happiness!

Directly after my night shift last week, I flew down to visit my boyfriend. I’m pretty sure this trip is in the running for ‘greatest surprise pulled off ever in the history of surprises.’ My family knew, his family knew, and he was left completely in the dark, hilarious! His mom and I were in cahoots, and she convinced him that his father had a coworker coming over for dinner. Perfect motivation for him to clean his room, and leave his clinical on time. Predictably, he called me when he left his clinical, and I talked to him as he drove home, unbeknownst to him, closer to me. When he arrived, he said he’d better go as this coworker was there. Okay, I said, covering my excitement with mock disappointment.
Within minutes he realized that the coworker was me, and I was greeted with a probably 10 second open mouthed stare while we all laughed at his expense. Ah…

It was so hard to keep that secret! I feel weird disclosing it even now as it was shrouded in such secrecy.

Well, after the surprise we had an awesome week. We went on a hike, to the movies, to a couple parties. It didn’t really matter what we did, it only mattered that we were together. The surrealness of being his girlfriend is fading, and the nice is shining through.

I can be best described as content, even with the distance between us...for now. They say good things come to those who wait and I’ve never believed that more than I do now.

Also, I looked at jewelry, found my favorite place in the airport, decided my claddagh ring looks good from this angle, and became unequivocally happy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I still can't believe you kept that a secret from me for so long :)

You're evil, but I love it!
Anonymous said…
you guys are going to give me cavaties :-P
Anonymous said…
Maybe you mean cavities??

=) =)
Anonymous said…
dont make me kick your ass, bitch! even if you are ellies boyfriend ill still do it! and win damnit!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs