Busy and not so busy

Thursday night allowed for no sleep. We had a call about every 2 and a half hours. For our first call we got to wander around the highway looking for a patient that didn’t exist.
We had a 14 year old mystery patient, semi-conscious for an unknown reason. Reactive pupils, clear lungs, good respiratory effort, no drug history, good blood sugar, not an alcoholic, sinus rhythm, no seizure history, well, I couldn’t figure it out, and to my satisfaction, neither could the doc. I hate mysteries that I can’t solve.
We had a quasi chest pain, that I think was actually respiratory related, a “trouble breathing” that turned out to be, well, not trouble breathing at all. Later we had a “trouble breathing” that really was trouble breathing. When we fixed him up with a little neb he decided not to go, then decided to go, then not to go, then we ran away.

On Friday I visited the Manchester mill museum. Good Lord, I’m such a nerd! It was pretty interesting, as Manchester used to produce more woven textiles than anywhere in the world. I learned that a “queen city” is a city that is the largest in the state, but not the capitol, like Manchester.
I also went to the mall of NH, where they have a Le Gourmet Chef, my favorite cooking store. It’s ironic that I like this store, given that I think gourmet cooking includes smearing peanut butter on a tortilla and microwaving it.

Saturday day was the busiest day I’d had on the transfer truck. 6 calls in 12 hours, We had two long distance calls, and in between, four other calls. We were only at the station for about an hour and a half total, and we got off an hour late. Our first call was to a rural community hospital about an hour from town. The drive over was beautiful, and enhanced with lights and sirens. Our patient was having a GI bleed, and had received whole blood and fresh frozen plasma before our arrival. When they came in initially, BP in the 70s and pulse ox in the 60s. Thankfully, much improved by the time we arrived.
Later we had a non interesting headache and an interesting leg pain. No, for real, interesting leg pain. The patient had disease where his nervous system fires pain impulses for no reason, over and over, all the time. Other than being a veritable expert on the disease, he was in general very interesting to talk to. And, considering we had about an hour and a half to hang out, it made for a nice drive. It was slightly annoying, but I liked being busy as the day went by really quickly.

Sunday day was the complete opposite of Saturday. 3 calls in 12 hours, it was great!

Google search term of the week: “break dance fair ride injuries” I don’t even know what direction to go with this one.

Comments

Anonymous said…
sounds like a good day!

-Pat... or Bruno as apparently Mike likes to call me :-P

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs