A marriage has been arranged

All’s going well, as soon as they change the law, the truck and I will marry immediately.

Work is better. Nothing overly exciting to report, Although, if my partners get any weirder, I might have to throw myself out of the moving ambulance. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve all been awesome, but today’s partner was so chatty I couldn’t read my book or get my nap out, and you know how that is. And the insane, inane subjects that we got on were…well, insane and inane. For some reason he found that I was easy to talk to, and decided to divulge his most bizarre secrets to me. Whatever; it was pretty entertaining anyway. That’s preferable to the partner who doesn’t talk at all. Very unnerving. I’ve also been meeting other people at work, some interesting characters. Met one guy who’s MO is to say weird things. Okay, you’re not cool when you wish me a “Happy Easter” in January. Another crew I met and my partner yesterday had a whole conversation over the PA systems of our respective ambulances. Yes, we can be pretty starved for entertainment in the private ambo industry.

Also, I have discovered one good thing about being new; when someone says “this is the way I like to do it” or “here’s something that will make your life easier” before showing me an efficient trick of the trade, I still listen...most of the time.

Other than that I’ve met lots of cute kids, some fantastic parents, tucked in strangers, reassured a young mother, set a double knee replacement on the road to recovery, and gotten paid to watch the sunrise.

Tomorrow is all overtime, I’m so excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs