Charlie and Harry

My boys of the summer. One is 16 the other like, 10. One quite busy saving the wizarding world, the other quite busy inventing candy with Johnny Depp.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: one of the most insane movies I’ve ever enjoyed. I was telling my brother; not crazy like Fellini, crazy like taking Roald Dahl, Tim Burton, and Johnny Depp, mixing them all together and making a children’s movie out of it. Throw in some identical oompa-loompas, Christopher Lee, tooth paste caps, and dentistry, and you’ve got a classic! Many have called it creepy, and they’re totally right.

The Half-Blood Prince: great. Best one since Prisoner of Azkaban, I think. I’ll say no more, I’m not a spoiler! Don’t worry, my t-shirt that says NERD really big is already ordered and in the mail. At least I didn’t dress up like my favorite character and camp out for 19 hours at our local Borders. Now, that’s nerdy. I just calmly walked into my store of choice and picked it up. I didn’t even have to shove any elderly people or small children to get my copy. “Out of the way, kid. That one’s mine!” Then, victoriously clutching my book crying: “Yes!!! I love you Harry! Gryffindor Rules!” before running out of the store, forgetting to pay in my excitement. Then, jump in the car, dab my eyes, and attempt to get my first glimpse of chapter 1 while driving. (Really, that didn’t happen. But, driving while reading is dangerous!) I can see the pandemonium that could generate at one of those midnight parties.

Comments

Anonymous said…
omg i couldnt beleive the end! (of harry) and i was kind of dissapointed with this one. i thought the character development was flat, and the begining lacked punch cuz everything was handed to harry on a platter, there was no conflect or struggle for him to get out or get somewhere else.

~mala

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs